Increased knowledge means better businesses, better employees.
Minken Employment Lawyers is a firm that believes in the empowering benefits of knowledge.
Staying on the leading edge of Canadian employment law means we provide best-in-class legal service to our clients. We also educate the community by sharing the latest developments in employment law.
Advancing the Progression of Employment Law
Our lawyers regularly author articles and present papers for law societies, and for business and human resource publications including:
- a quarterly column entitled “Employment Law Issues” in Magazine for Business
- Canadian Employment Law Today
- Canadian HR Reporter
- Canadian Safety Reporter
- The Canadian Employer
- Law Times
- HR Professional
- The Voice
Educating the Business Community
Our lawyers regularly share knowledge of Canadian employment law and have attended as guest speakers for business shows, corporate functions, and professional development seminars including:
- Thomson Reuters/Carswell’s nation-wide webinars entitled Bill 168: Violence and Harassment in the Workplace.
- Human Resources Professional Association’s nation-wide webinar entitled Constructive Dismissal—Dead or Alive?
- Canada-UK Chamber of Commerce seminar in London, England, entitled Doing Business in Canada – Employment Law Essentials.
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario Bar Association, Osgoode Hall Professional Development Centre.
- Human Resource organizations such as Knightsbridge, and Verity International.
- Human Resources Professional Association, Niagara Hotel Association
- local Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade in Canada.
Helping Students to Become Legal Professionals
Sharing our experience with the emerging workforce is one way we contribute to the future of the legal profession and to the community as a whole. We’ve participated as hosts for co-operative work placement programs for students enrolled in Law Clerk, Legal Assistant and articling programs for new lawyers.
Where we see that students need more training than their programs provide for, we’ve often committed extra time to help students gain the applied knowledge and real-life skills that greatly assist them in finding future employment.