Minken Employment Lawyers is a specialty employment law boutique that provides expert legal services on a full range of workplace issues to employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments in a variety of industries. Through 30 years of experience we have developed insightful, comprehensive and practical strategies for winning client cases, regardless of which side we represent.
We are seeking a recent call Junior Associate (1st year) to join us. This position is a great opportunity to expend legal knowledge and practice skills in the area of employment law by working alongside our experienced lawyers. Large emphasis is placed on client care, business development and building the client base to ensure continuous and organic growth of the practice.
The responsibilities include but not limited to assisting senior lawyers with carriage of files from beginning to end; preparing letters and documents associated with each stage of negotiation and litigation; communicating with clients, opposing counsel and other parties involved in the course of the file; full carriage of some files; meticulous docketing in PCLaw; attending Courts, Settlement Conferences & Mediations as required; writing articles and blogs for the firm’s website and publications on behalf of the firm; attending marketing events, speaking at conferences, and any such marketing efforts as necessary for development of the practice independently and on behalf of the firm.
A successful candidate will:
- be a member of the LSUC in good standing;
- have thorough knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and other legislation associated with the area of practice;
- have experience in drafting correspondence, pleadings, Mediation Briefs, Motion materials, etc. (please provide writing samples) and have at least completed their articles in litigation (Court, Mediation and employment law experience is an asset);
- possess superior time management, communication and client service skills;
- be mindful of opportunities for business and professional development with strong networking abilities and social media skills.
Email cover letter, Resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, references, and writing samples to Natasha Krestinina. We thank all candidates for their interest however only select candidates will be contacted.