Service Canada — The most fantastic Canadian Government resource site that helps All Canadians; Aboriginal peoples; Employers; Families and children; Newcomers to Canada; People with disabilities; Seniors; Service delivery partners; Veterans; Youth and students in Canada or abroad with such issues and life events as Being a caregiver; Buying a home; Changing your address; Finding a job; Following a death; Getting divorced; Getting married; Having a baby; Having your credentials recognized; Living with a disability; Lost wallet; Managing your debt; Raising a family; Retirement planning; Starting a business; Starting post-secondary education; Travelling abroad.
It also has the most comprehensive collection of help videos that deal with a variety of subjects relating to Service Canada services such as:
- applying for employment insurance, completing your EI reports, special benefits, being a frequent claimant, being a long tenured worker, being an occasional claimant, working while on claim;
- a number of video tools assisting in finding employment (resume and cover letter drafting, job market etc.)
- Canada Pension Plan
- Records of Employment.
Working in Canada — Government of Canada’s leading source for jobs and labour market information for both employers and employees. It offers users free occupational and career information such as job opportunities, educational requirements, main duties, wage rates and salaries, current employment trends, and outlooks. Such invaluable tools as:
- Post Your Job and Resources for employers;
- Job Alerts – delivering new job opportunities, and related labour market directly in your mailbox;
- Job Market News – helping job seekers understand where the opportunities (short, medium and long-term) might be in a local community and elsewhere in the country;
- Social Media connection tools – providing job seekers with most up to date news in the employment market;
- Job Search Safety Tips – dealing with some general security tips and general information relating to job search;
- Explore Careers – planning assistance tools from general information and statistics on wages, future prospects of employment, education programs available; and
- Skill & Knowledge assessment tool – helping to match skills and knowledge to occupations currently available in geographic area of interest.
- Post a Job
- Human Resources Management
- Labour Market Information
- Programs and Services for Employers
- Regulatory Information