We are a specialty boutique firm that has been providing expert legal services on a full range of workplace issues to employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments for almost 30 years. We have an opening for a position of law clerk/legal assistant with 3+ years of relevant experience. Candidates with less than 3 years of solid experience in litigation and/or employment law may also be considered.
An ideal candidate would be a team player with superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills, with solid experience in client care. In addition, outstanding attention to detail, excellent level of knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure, computer, software and technology (proficiency with MS Office 2013 and intermediate knowledge of PCLaw is an asset) are all important deciding factors for the selection of the candidate for this responsible position. The candidate must have either ILCO certificate and/or be a successful graduate of a college Law Clerk program with high GPA.
The responsibilities will include but not limited to
• initial intake of potential clients;
• extensive interaction with clients and other parties assisting lawyers with all aspects of the file from beginning through end of the case;
• maintaining files and documents (electronic and hard copies) in the top order;
• effective management of deadlines and priorities;
• research associated with and preparation of litigation documentation (Mediation Briefs, Motion Records, Affidavits of Documents etc.);
• arranging meetings, examinations, etc.;
• docketing time and billings using PCLaw;
• administrative duties, as required.
Please apply to Natasha Krestinina, Office Manager. Kindly provide a current resume, copies of educational transcripts (ILCO or College), and references. Only potential applicants selected for an interview in person or by telephone will be contacted. Please note this is not a Paralegal position therefore only candidates with legal assistant/law clerk experience and/or education will be considered.