Minken Employment Lawyers is a specialty employment law boutique that has been providing expert legal services on a full range of workplace issues to a broad range of employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments for close to 30 years. Our firm uses a strong teamwork approach and considers every member of the staff to be a critical part of our operations. We strive for exceptional and forthright client service, and are committed to ongoing professional development.
We have an opening for a full-time employment/litigation law clerk with 5+ years of relevant experience. Candidates with less than 5 years of experience in employment law may also be considered. There is some flexibility in the starting date.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- professionalism and strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- a team player attitude with superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- ability to work independently following instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required;
- outstanding attention to detail;
- excellent level of knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure;
- strong knowledge of computer systems, software and technology skills – proficiency with MS Office 2013 is a must;
- intermediate knowledge of PCLaw is an asset;
- a member of ILCO or working towards receiving a Certificate; or
- a successful graduate of a college Law Clerk program with a high GPA.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- maintaining files in top order from beginning to end;
- extensive interaction with new and current clients and other parties on files;
- effective management of deadlines and priorities;
- research and preparation of litigation documentation (Motion Records, Briefs, Affidavits of Documents etc.);
- arranging meetings, examinations, etc.;
- docketing time and billings using PCLaw;
- administrative duties, as required.
Please apply to Natasha Krestinina, Office Manager. Kindly provide a current resume, copies of educational transcripts (ILCO or College), and references. Only potential applicants selected for an interview in person or by telephone will be contacted.