Speakers: Ron Minken and Sara Kauder
Topic: Bill 168: Violence and Harassment in the Workplace: Will Your Business Be Prepared?
Date: January 28, 2010
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, 222 Bremner Blvd., Toronto, Ontario
Host: Human Resource Professional Association
Employers lose millions of dollars each year due to employees spending time on social networking websites like Facebook. Alternately, departing employees are sometimes able to electronically transmit a company’s entire client database before finishing their employment.
Ron Minken spoke at the Human Resources Professionals Association 2010 Annual Conference & Trade Show. Ron discussed:
- which types of electronic media abuse to be watchful for contain
- what every electronic media abuse policy should contain
- how to deal with electronic media abuse when it happens
- when to discipline employees and when to terminate them for cause
- how to avoid a wrongful dismissal action.