Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Time: Dinner 7:00-8:30 pm
Location: Centre For The Performing Arts, 10268 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill
Guest Speaker: Evelyn Perez Youssoufian, Minken Employment Lawyers
Evelyn Perez Youssoufian, of Minken Employment Lawyers, spoke to 50 women at the Business Women’s Network of York Region November event. She presented a short primer of employment law as it effects employers, including dealing with such topics as: employment agreements; termination clauses; just cause; bad faith; applicable legislation.
Employment Law Primer Presentation:
- Overview of Canada’s legal framework
- Employment Standards Act, 2000
- Ontario’s Human Rights Code
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Pay Equity Act
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Common Law in Canada
- Employment Agreements
- Termination Clause
- Issues in Termination of Employment Relationship
- Just Cause
- Ministry of Labour – Willful Misconduct
- Bad Faith
- Mitigation of Damages
The BWNYR is an organization for York Region business women to connect through networking and develop business partnerships. The focus is on collaborating, connecting, exchanging ideas and working together for professional and personal success.
To see more photos from our past events, visit our Event Photos page, or to learn more about our community involvement see, Our Community Commitment.