Founder and Managing Lawyer of Minken Employment Lawyers, Ron Minken, sits down with Richard Cunningham, President & CEO of the Markham Board of Trade to discuss navigating the workplace during the COVID-19 epidemic.
COVID-19 is forcing many Ontario businesses to consider work-from-home strategies, paid and unpaid time off for their employees, and even short term closures. We are diligently assisting our clients to manage these challenges at their workplace, and have put together this guide to answer the question: As an employer, what do you need to know about COVID-19, and what are your responsibilities for keeping your workplace safe and your employees healthy?
This guide addresses your urgent and important questions, such as:
• How do I determine if my workplace is safe?
• What if an employee refuses to attend the workplace due to fear of COVID-19?
• Am I required to pay employees who are home due to illness?
• What are my options for ending the employment relationship with an employee if I’m facing a slow-down in business?
As employers, you are in an excellent position to help ‘flatten the curve’ of the epidemic and keep your employees, their families, and communities safe. Minken Employment Lawyers are here to assist you, and we’re starting by sharing our Employer’s Guide to COVID-19 & the Workplace with you.
For more information please contact us at 905-477-7011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minken Employment Lawyers – Response to COVID-19
- The Novel Coronavirus – Employer’s Responsibilities & Employee’s Rights
- What Employers Need to Know About the Coronavirus
- Layoff vs. Termination: What’s the difference?